obd1 car obd2 engine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carbone84

hey i have a 93 civic cx. i also have a 98 integra ls complete swap. i was just wondering if anyone has done a swap with an obd2 engine into an obd1 car and what problems or information i should know about the wiring. i have heard a few different stories about jumper harnesses, changing distributors n things, and was just wondering what the easiest way to go about putting this engine into my car would be. any information would be a great help or maybe websites with information about this type of swap. thanks alot

if its USDM you can use the LS harness and it will all plug right in
try to get an OBD-1 LS ECU

look in your engine bay on the shock towers
you will see 3 plugs on each side (i think one on the drivers side isnt used)
now look at the engines wiring haness .... you will see plugs that match the ones in your car
plug the ones on the engine harness into your car and your done with wiring
now get an OBD-1 LS ECU and you wont have to do a damn thing as far as wiring goes

if i cant get hold of an obd1 ls ecu, then i will run into lots of wiring problems? can it still be done without the obd1 ls ecu?

an OBD-2 ECU will not plug into your car without a conversion harness
then you will need to add all of the sensors that an OBD-2 ECU looks for
conversion harnesses cost about what an LS ECU would cost in the first place so why not just get the right stuff from the start and save a few migranes

I have the same motor and car...How can I tell if the motor is USDM?
what if it is not then what??? can I use a USDM harness? :blink:

does it say B18B or B18B1
if it says B18B1 than it is USDM
even if it is JDM you can still use a USDM harness on it ... or modify your cars harness to work with it .... if you want more help than that please start your own thread

Sorry I wasn't trying to jack his thread he was just addressing the exact thing I needed to ask ;) Thanx for the quick reply!

still need to convert from a 1 wire O2 sensor to a 4 wire O2 sensor
as well as lengthen a few wires

ummm no
i helped wildbillhatchbac with his LS swap on a 94 CX and it had a 1 wire O2 we had to convert it over to 4 wire

I have a 93 CX and i have a 4 wire 02, did you swap the stock motor out or was a swap allready performed on wildbillhatch's car before you did his swap, generally all cars that are obd1 and above all have 4 wire 02's, regardless, if you are gonna put a complete motor in your car, i think you should at least know how to extend and add a couple of wires.

if your car comes stock with only a single wire o2 simply plugging in the exterior harness will not add the 3 extra wires you need for the interior harness your ecu will still have the single wire plugged in.

wrong again .... the other 3 wires simply attatch to other wires on the harness ... i was there when he did all of the wiring... i dont remember the exact wires he needed to tap into but im pretty sure there were no wires that needed to be ran all the way through to the ECU

im lost too. Im gona hijack a sec.. but how would ur convert from a 1 wire to a 4 wire?..do u just add some wires or just change the o2? and plug it in?

Back