obd1 check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

So I have a lil problem goin on....I have p28 on a b18 swap I used to have the code vtec solenoid but then I unplugged my ecu and plugged it back in and I had no more codes....and recently it came back on but it turned off by itself...then it turned on and I check for any codes ( I kno how already) but wen I did check for codes I got nothing it didn't blink at all it stayed on so I turned off the car then removed the wire from the place where I put it in and the check engine light didn't turn on I'm not sure if its a good thing or should I worry

b18 WHAT? a? B? c? c5?

you likely need the right ecu, or a chip program on the p28 FOR your motor.

I got a p28 on a b18b b16 head....I checked it b4 and I got the codes but now I don't get no flash but the check engine light turns on sometimes

I was gonna get it chipped but some guy told me bout dyno-tune they dyno to see how much power the engine has and they will chip it according to that....the thing is they doing it for 300 bucks

lol get yourself a proper tune, because no ecu from honda will be able to give you proper fuel and whatnot, due to the fact your motor technically doesn't exist from a OEM standpoint (b16/b18b),
So go pay the money, better than paying for a new motor. And it'll run better.

a p28 provides fuel for a 127 hp d16z6.
you are liekly making 180+ crank hp.

which means, its running it lean as hell.

get it chiped and get it custom tuned to the fuel you require.

Back