obd1 conversion problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

206hondakid

Here is my problem, i swapped a gsr in my ef, converted it to obd1, ecu, jumper harness, i got new obd1 injectors (even though it wasnt needed and took out the resistor box and soldered the five wires together) and a obd1 gsr dizy. but im throwing code 4 and 14 ckp and iacv, had harness out, but only to extend a few wires and nothing got mixed up. I have looked at several pinouts for the dizy plugs and all wires are in the right spots. Does anyone see a problem? Did i miss or skip a step when i converted to obd1? the car just miss fires and backfires and runs like poo, i have skunk intake manifold, p30 pistons and delta stage 2 cams if that helps too. help!!!! and would it matter if it is out of a 99 integra?

Last edited:
well one prob was my wires were mixed up, so now it runs but still got the codes and it seems to bog at higher rpms. got a new dizy on it and still got the code, im going to double check the wires again. could a out of adjustment valve cause these problems?

did you reset the ecu? did you swap out the main relay? could possibly be a bad ecu. from it running bad before you could have fried something.

i got 2 ecu's i will try my other one. but for resetting the ecu do i just unplug it and plug back in or do actually have to leave it unplugged for like ten minutes?

you can pull a fuse under your hood to reset it. its the backup fuse, should be a 15amp fuse. only needs to be unhooked for 10 seconds.

Back