obd1 dohc zc in obd0 crx help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_rex

i do body work!
okay...so i got a sweet deal on a dohc zc....but its obd1!!!.......can i use the d16a6 distributor on the zc....i know i gotta swap out to obd0 injectors....but really what my question is what is needed to put in an obd1 zc in my rex? what do i need to swap onto the new motor?

lol that one i can laugh at...lol:D ......but seriously now....what do i have to do so this can work in my obd0 crx

i dont wanna do that.....then i gotta spend more money on a obd1 ecu and then dizzy conversion plugs......anyhow i found that i can use the 88-89 integra dizzy and cam sensor.....so its fairly easy to do at the j-yard....lol.....and i already got some obd0 injectors so i should be set....also...anyone need an obd1 engine harness fora civic hatch.....hes including it and i dont need it

i believe you have Si - is that right? here is what you need to do:

to keep the car as OBD0, the easiest way to do it is to convert everything on the engine to OBD0 - this is what you need to do to accomplish this:

1. Swap the distributor for one from 88-89 Integra.
2. Install a Cylinder Position Sensor on the exhaust camshaft, also from 88-89 Integra.
3. Swap out the injectors for the ones from your Si.
4. Install your Si engine harness onto the ZC and make the wiring change at the distributor. see this:

http://www.zcspeed.com/SiZCwiring.pdf

there are some other things that you will need to do:

1. Remove the engine mount from the driver's side end of the ZC block and remove the same mount from your Si and install it on the ZC.
2. The OBD1 engine has the MAP sensor on top of the throttle body - your Si has it on the firewall - you need to use the one on the throttle body, which means you will need to cut each of the wires on the MAP sensor connector and add a short length of wire to them, so that the connector will reach the throttle body - connector plugs right in.
3. The OBD1 engine has the switch that turns on the cooling fan on the thermostat housing - the Si has it on the back of the block above the oil filter - you need to cut the connector off of the Si engine harness and replace it with the connector that you can rob from the ZC harness - you will need to extend the wires in order for it to reach the thermostat housing.
4. The OBD1 engine uses a different alternator from the OBD0 - you have 2 choices here - you can use the alternator from your Si along with the Si crank pulley or you can install the connector for the alternator from the ZC harness onto your Si harness and use the ZC alternator - i prefer just swapping alternator and crank pulley (the OBD0 uses a 3 rib alternator belt and the OBD1 uses a 4 rib, which is why you need to change pulleys)

thanks bro!!!! just what i neeeeeded!!!!!! thanks alot....ill be picking the motor up in rhode island today so i should have it goin by midweek and ill def post some pics for everyone to see:D

i believe you have Si - is that right? here is what you need to do:

to keep the car as OBD0, the easiest way to do it is to convert everything on the engine to OBD0 - this is what you need to do to accomplish this:

1. Swap the distributor for one from 88-89 Integra.
2. Install a Cylinder Position Sensor on the exhaust camshaft, also from 88-89 Integra.
3. Swap out the injectors for the ones from your Si.
4. Install your Si engine harness onto the ZC and make the wiring change at the distributor. see this:

http://www.zcspeed.com/SiZCwiring.pdf

there are some other things that you will need to do:

1. Remove the engine mount from the driver's side end of the ZC block and remove the same mount from your Si and install it on the ZC.
2. The OBD1 engine has the MAP sensor on top of the throttle body - your Si has it on the firewall - you need to use the one on the throttle body, which means you will need to cut each of the wires on the MAP sensor connector and add a short length of wire to them, so that the connector will reach the throttle body - connector plugs right in.
3. The OBD1 engine has the switch that turns on the cooling fan on the thermostat housing - the Si has it on the back of the block above the oil filter - you need to cut the connector off of the Si engine harness and replace it with the connector that you can rob from the ZC harness - you will need to extend the wires in order for it to reach the thermostat housing.
4. The OBD1 engine uses a different alternator from the OBD0 - you have 2 choices here - you can use the alternator from your Si along with the Si crank pulley or you can install the connector for the alternator from the ZC harness onto your Si harness and use the ZC alternator - i prefer just swapping alternator and crank pulley (the OBD0 uses a 3 rib alternator belt and the OBD1 uses a 4 rib, which is why you need to change pulleys)

this swap work for real ?

Back