OBD1 EDM ECU and Hondata S100 with non-Honda engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomant

CB 350 in the old times
Hello!

I don't know if you are interested in anything else but Honda engines but maybe someone can help me. Has anybody used Honda ECU (OBD1 EDM or other region) and Hondata S100 chip in some other car than a Honda and got the ECU tuned and car running well? Is there some reason why this shouldn't work? I have asked this on a few Hondata related forums but they don't seem to know or care to answer. I hope I can find better experts here, thanks.

tomant

I'm not sure, but seems like it would be a lot more trouble than it's worth. Why are you wanting to do this? To me it just doesn't make sense...why wouldn't you just use an ECU and tuning program specific to whatever make of engine/car you're working with?

Thanks, BrutalB83. I have an older car with continuous fuel injection (not EFI). I just want to be able to tune the fuel injection better. I don't want to spend big money on aftermarket EMS systems just to get a programmable EFI. So I thought that some OEM system with programmable add-on ECU would do the job for a reasonable price. If I get a stand alone fuel ECU it may be easier to tune so maybe the use of a Honda ECU and Hondata chip is not such a good idea.

tomant

Last edited:
just send off whatever ecu you have for the car to a computer chipping company like Jet? i dunno, best i could think of.

i think your getting yourself into a massive headache though.

best of luck

Back