obd1 engine from obd2 please help me :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey everyone! i am doing an obd1 block and head in a 1997 civic with odb2 wiring. SO i have to switch out the oil pump because the obd1 engine doesnt have that crank sensor. i am going NUTS over here trying to get that crank pulley bolt off, (you know which one i am talking about
emwink.gif
) it just wont BUDGED. So now i am wondering, What if i just bought one of those obd2b to obd1 ecu conversion harnesses? Would i have to switch out any other sensors because i am using a obd2 intake manifold? if it would work, would i just leave the crank sensor plug, unplugged? OR could i just ground the crank sensor wires and just use the obd2 ecu? Please help me get out of this mess the easiest and cheapest way possible. A ecu conversion thing is only $45, but i am not sure if that is the best of way doing things, and if that will even help me. please help me. it will be the best thing in the world to me. i would EXTREMELY appreciate it. thank you so much, daveee

Back