Obd1 GSR into 00 Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ltrlunatik

I have a obd1 GSR motor i'm putting into my 00 Civic Si. I have the factory Obd2B wiring harness, will that run my GSR motor with a Obd2a-Obd2B jumper harness with a Obd2A P72 ECU? Or will I have to change a few connectors on the intake manifold and do the crank angle bypass? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The ECU must match the motor's OBD spec. You must use an OBD1 ecu with the OBD1 motor. You'll need an OBD1->OBD2b conversion harness. Try rywire.com

Alright thanks for your help guys! I'll let you know how it goes in a few days I just finished pulling the motor/tranny from my integra today!

92 GSR b17 into 96 DX EK hatch, fuel problem, help please.

I am doing a similar swap. Using a b17 and a p72 ecu into a 96 DXhatch. I have the obd2a-obd1 rywire harness and i found out my fuel pump wont kick on unless i place a jumper wire in the main relay. Ok, so, now I crank it over, sounds like it wants to start (with jumper wire turning fuel pump on), then it dies. Found out I am flooding the engine (using d16 obd2a injectors), and so i pull out jumper wire to cut power to fuel pump. Keep cranking. When the a/f ratio gets better, the car sounds like it wants to start, then dies cause there is no fuel. So i keep cycling the fuel pump on and off as i crank the engine. It catches for about 4 or 5 "sparks?" and then quits. I believe that the engine is getting too much fuel. Now here's the thing. I am using a prelude bb4 (92-96) fuel pressure regulator AND I have yet to perform the IACV mod (three wire to two) AND I have not hookied up IAT yet. Vtec is wired, knock is wired, tps wires lengthened, and I checked all the ECU pinouts through the obd2a wire harness and matched them up through my rywire adapter harness and the GSR ECU pinouts. Everything matches, all the voltages and resistances check out. I cannot get this thing to stay running. Motor is timed perfectly, spark plugs are new, wires are new, cap and rotor new, firing order is correct. I guess all I am asking is: Does the IAT sensor and/or IACV need to be connected? I'll hook these up and see what happens, but i am not sure if they need to be hooked up yet. Oh, also, my O2 sensor is plugged in but not in the exhaust bung (just laying out in the open). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Back