OBD1 GSR into 98 Civic Ex Swap Questions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

I've done quite a bit of searching and I am still kind of gray when it comes to this swap... The motor is an OBD1 GSR Motor... So, from what i've found so far...

Mounts
- 99 Civic Si Rear "T" Bracket
- 99 Civic Si Timing Belt Bracket
- 99 Civic Si Front Tranny Torque Mount (Re-use stock rubber mount under framerail???)
- 95 Del Sol VTEC A/C Mount (Re-Use stock rubber Mount under framerail???)
- OEM Upper Tranny Mount
- OEM Driver's Side Mount

Shift Linkage
- 94-01 Integra

Axles
- 94-01 Integra axles w/ 94-01 Integra Intermediate Shaft

Wiring
- If it's an EX, you won't have to worry about the 3-wire to 2-wire IACV fix, so i could run a 96-98 GSR ecu, or run an OBD2a-OBD1 conversion harness and run the OBD1 p72... Also, I will need an OBD2 DOHC VTEC Dizzy.

Anything I am missing?

Also, any comments on what under framerail rubber mount to use? OEM or whichever the mount is from?

i used avid mounts on my swap in my 97 civic the problem your going to run into is the driver side mount no othre car has that mount but the 96-00 civic. you might want to get a after market mount for just that one if you like but i paid 350 for my avid mount kit. as for your wiring you are on point, but i don't think you are going to want to use an obd2 p72 just because your obd1 gsr is missing some sensors that the obd2 ecu is going to look for(i think)

the 99-00 civic si has that type of driver's side mount in the ek chasis with a b-series motor so i'm pretty sure that will work.

its the bracket you need the mount will stay the same you use your old mount just change the brakcet with the two studs sticking out of it

Is this going to be a daily driver or a race car ????

There is a right way to make this motor a obd2a motor to match your car gonna have some problems with the emmisions place if they check the date of the motor.

I got tons of info if needed.

ya boy steveo

What state are you in ??? Check with you local emmision place and see what they check as far as engine wise (dont tell them your doing this) but check to see what all they check when they do the emmisions. Most place wont even pop the hood thell just hook up the sixteen pin connector and run it from there. Check with them first and let me know Ill give you a list of all the parts you need to deal with this to make the motor OBD2a.

ya boy steveo

Back