obd1 gsr into obd2a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chicken

DEFINING WAT THESE PLUGS ARE AND WHERE THEY GO.. the rest of these plugs are different.. connons dont match up.. wat to do..??

okae so i got the harness onto the motor.. but then.. i have a 7 plugs on the harness left over that dont go anywhere.. and 2 on the motor that isnt connected..

plugs on the harness..

4 wire
wht
blk/yellow
blk/grn
blk/wht

3 wire- i think this is the IACV plug.. that i need to make into a 2 wire..
blk/blue
blk/yellow
orange

2 wire
blk/grn
red/yellow

grn/blk
yellow

2 plugs of
wht
red

1 wire
grn/yellow

plugs on the motor.. are 2 on the Intake Manifold..

any help would be great.. thanks..

If you used the ODB2 harness, of course you are going to have leftover plugs. The OBD1 engine has less sensors to hook up.

yea i know that but which are supposed to be left over.. and i need 2 of those to go to tha motor.. i jus dont noe which ones..

Get a Haynes manual.

The shop that did my swap screwed up the wiring and I had to trace it out with my Haynes manual to fix it.

It was easy.

They have electrical diagrams at the back of it with the color of the wires. Also you should of labeled everything when you pulled it off the old engine.

Originally posted by Mighty@Jun 8 2004, 09:18 PM
Get a Haynes manual.

The shop that did my swap screwed up the wiring and I had to trace it out with my Haynes manual to fix it.

It was easy.

They have electrical diagrams at the back of it with the color of the wires. Also you should of labeled everything when you pulled it off the old engine.

yea.. i should get tha manual.. but its too late to label the wiring.. lol..

i think i got all the wiring figured out.. but i had to re-do tha vtec wiring.. now its a 2 wire plug.. but i dont noe which one goes to which..?? im confused.. but hte motor is goin in today.. because i did the wiring before the drop.. we'll see how it goes.. pics will be up soon..

Back