OBD1 H22 Engine Replacement in a 97 Prelude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robthegr8

Hey Guys, did a search and came up with a ton of un needed answers, and hope someone can give me a link to a how to, or some answers. My buddy is trying to replace a 97 prelude h22 motor (its blown), with a OBD1 H22, which is the only motor he was able to find. Is there anyway to do this swap without using the conversion harness, and keeping the OBD2 computer? And if the only way to do it is to use the OBD1 computer, what do you gotta do ?? He has all parts available form the original motor, so switching injectors, distributors, sensors is not a problem. Please point let me know some solid answers. thanx again!!!

If you have the original engine, I think you can swap the distributor, injectors, and exhaust. That would get you close. I'm just trying to help. There are not that many differences between the engines. A side by side comparison would clear up most of your questions. I know you'll want your original exhaust. I would search again, because I know I've seen posts on this, just not recently. Also, I know the Civic guys swap back and forth a lot. The kid across the street from me swapped from OBD1 to OBD 2, and he only rewired his injectors and distributor. However, you wouldn't even have to do that. Move a couple things over and reuse your original harness and exhaust.

well, my main concern is the distributor wiring. Anyone got links on what to do, with the crank sensor and all?

You can't just swap the distributor? I don't know shit about crank sensors, except what they do.

Back