OBD1 H22A into OBD2 98 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nicks00si

First of all, I'm new to the forum. Just joined yesterday because I am taking on my first swap! I have had a hand in helping with some other swap related projects but this is the first time I have dove in and attempted to complete one on my own. So here is what I've got:

OBD1 P28 chipped
ECU Jumper Harness
OBD2 civic engine harness already wired for vtec
OBD1 H22A
OBD2 B16 EM1 trans (I'm doing an H2B swap)
OBD2 Injectors
OBD2 dizzy

I have went through and labeled most of the sensors, still have a couple that I am uncertain of.

I need to know what to do about the O2 sensors and can I run the obd2 injectors and dizzy even though it is an obd1 ecu?

Also If there is anything else that I have to do to go from an obd2 harness to obd1 engine please let me know, this is pretty new to me.

And the EVAP sensor that goes on the manifold won't plug in, are they different on obd1 and obd2?

Any input is appreciated, need all the knowledge I can get!

Thanks Guys!

Oh and I am not worried about emissions or the added weight of the H22, I have drag intentions in mind for this hatch, but still want to keep it streetable. (nobody in my area will even check for a legal CAT)

Thank you, it's nice to see some sign of life on this site lol, I posted a similar question on club civic and haven't gotten any responses at all.

What would you like pics of?
And how do I post them?

ohhh just noticed you cant post them yet... wish i could help on some info.
do you already have the h2b kit?

i do not have the h2b kit yet. sold a few things to cover the cost and havnt recieved the money yet. I plan to get the evolution kit. the guy i got the car from didnt really know what he was doing and so its kind of a mess, but there are alot of new parts because he never got it going. My plan is to get the wiring mess figured out while i wait on the money to arrive that way its a quick swap when the time comes.

In for updates.
The p28 ecu will look for 240cc injectors. I notice you have it chipped, so whatever size your h22 is you can always change it on the basemap. On the evap you can always make it work with what you got. In for the results.

The injectors came out of the LS motor, any idea what size those would be?
And what are you saying about the EVAP sensor?

Anyone else have any helpful information on what will and won't work? Are there any dos and don'ts to using an obd2 harness with this obd1 engine/ecu?

money should be here soon so I can purchase the H2B kit, where's the cheapest place to get the evolution kit with the mounts?

Back