obd1 jdm b18c going into obd2 96 gsr..please help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IloveDC2

Hey guys to sum this up as easy as possible..
I had a 1994 Integra GSR with a JDM b18c swap the car got hit on the passenger side so I decided to pull the engine and get a clean 96 gsr shell.

this whole obd1 to obd2 is starting to be one big stress headache!

so far I have bought..
obd2 dizzy
obd2 alternator
obd2 ecu
obd2 injectors
obd2 oil pump & crank sensor

should this be all I need to complete this swap?? the JDM motor didn't come with a crank sensor does anybody know if it will still get the pick-up and work? it seems to sit right on the side of my timing belt (just confused on how it picks up a signal)
I have the motor in ( not all hooked up yet ) everything seems to plug in so far....
any help would be great, thank you!

Seems like you are making this far too complicated... The vast majority of the sensors are common for both years.

The most strait forward way of doing this would be to drop the 94' motor in, original sensors, injectors, ect... Hook it up to an obd2 engine harness. Use your original obd1 ecu, connecting it to the car using an obd1-2 jumper harness. Any sensors that have different wiring, hard wire to the ecu or shock tower coupler.

Here's a good article on the injectors: OBD1 vs OBD2 fuel injectors...difference? - Team Integra

Thats what I was gona do but im in NY and 1996 + vehicles need to be hooked to the computer to pass emissions for inspection so I dont think that would work here..

Back