obd1 jdm gsr b18c into 97 civic coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anything? An please don't try n be the "cool guy" on the forums n do the whole search option thing I've already tried and as much as there's a lot of gsr stuff on there there's not a lot specifically pertaining to the question I'm asking so any help would be appreciated thanks

Can any1 help out with w.e else is needed I wanna make sure I get everything I need before I start the swap any info would be appreciated

Do you have everything to do the swap yet.. Do you have the obd1 engine harness or you going to use the 97 civic harness??

obd2a > obd1 jumper harness
obd1 p72 ecu
b-series mounts (trans, drivers side, rear t-bracket)
axles from a 94-01 integra or other b-series axle (del sol VTEC, etc)
shift linkage from integra
throttle cable from an integra
throttle cable mount will need to be modded
youll need to wire your car for VTEC unless its an EX (pressure switch and solenoid)
knock sensor if applicable (cant remember on obd1 gsr)
youll have an extra o2 sensor from your setup, just remove that from the car and plug the hole in the exhaust
youll also need to do a couple small wiring tricks, one involves conversion from a 3>2 wire iacv, and you may have to do an iat as well, i cant remember if obd1 gsrs have them. this should get you started

Ok so this may sound really dumb but I have no idea what trim it is because its debagged and the kid fuckin took the doors and swapped them so I got no info for trim it has no power anything though so I figured it was an hx but it has a vtec motor a d series I believe d16y7

I have a lot of the stuff needed for swap that came with the motor like type r shift linkage teg axles motor tranny and computer now if I can use my harness it would be awesome but if its easier to use a diff one let me know

If anyone can help me out id really appreciate it and thank for all that info on the swap but I need to know everything before I start the swap because this is my daily driver

Yes use your stock harness.. and the vtec model had power everything which was a EX, if it has the d16y7 then it might be a DX cause I think the LX had power windows but it could be a HX to I think... The d16y7 is non-vtec the d16y8 is the vtec model

Illi double check which motor it is and see if I can figure out what trim it is but it doesn't have wiring for power windows or any of that so I'm not 100% on the trim

you can use the stock harness either way. but if you have a non vtec engine in there, youll most likely need to run wires for the previously mentioned sensors.

Back