OBD1 LS/VTEC swap into a CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

green4dr

I currently own a 97' Civic EX, 4dr, with a LS/VTEC. I've put a lot of money into making exactly the way I wanted it. But, I recently just took the car to the track and was only hitting 14.8's, I know I could do better, but the season is almost over so I think I'm goin to start something else this winter, and have it ready for next spring. I'm goin to keep my 4dr and put another motor into it just for a car that I can sell. My brother has a CRX with a B16 already installed, but has never driven it(don't ask me why). The CRX only has 68,000 original miles on the body, well I was talkin to him and asked him if he would sell just the body to me, and he said yes ($350). So, I thought this would be a much better chassis to, go faster. I want to put my LS/VTEC motor into the CRX. The ECU I'm running in my car is OBD1, and I have a JDM ITR tranny. I guess all I'm really asking is, what all do I need to put that motor into the CRX. Please use a list form. thanks for any help. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I currently own a 97' Civic EX, 4dr, with a LS/VTEC. I've put a lot of money into making exactly the way I wanted it. But, I recently just took the car to the track and was only hitting 14.8's, I know I could do better, but the season is almost over so I think I'm goin to start something else this winter, and have it ready for next spring. I'm goin to keep my 4dr and put another motor into it just for a car that I can sell. My brother has a CRX with a B16 already installed, but has never driven it(don't ask me why). The CRX only has 68,000 original miles on the body, well I was talkin to him and asked him if he would sell just the body to me, and he said yes ($350). So, I thought this would be a much better chassis to, go faster. I want to put my LS/VTEC motor into the CRX. The ECU I'm running in my car is OBD1, and I have a JDM ITR tranny. I guess all I'm really asking is, what all do I need to put that motor into the CRX. Please use a list form. thanks for any help. :)

it already has a b16 so it's already wired for 4 injectors/vtec/knock/all that other shit

you need an obd0-obd1 conversion harness (i recomend rywire.. it's what i have $104)
conversion mounts with a hydro to cable conversion (i recomend hasport..again, it's what i use $460+/-)

From that b16 you're gonna wanna use the halfshaft/axles/linkage/rear mount bracket. You may be able to re-use the mounts and just get a hydro conversion... unless it already has one. Hell it might also be obd1 already.

but if it's cable/obd0 you will want atleast a hydro conversion and conversion harness.. then you'd just run your 4 wire o2 basically. Very cake walk!

Quoted post[/post]]
I currently own a 97' Civic EX, 4dr, with a LS/VTEC. I've put a lot of money into making exactly the way I wanted it. But, I recently just took the car to the track and was only hitting 14.8's, I know I could do better, but the season is almost over so I think I'm goin to start something else this winter, and have it ready for next spring. I'm goin to keep my 4dr and put another motor into it just for a car that I can sell. My brother has a CRX with a B16 already installed, <span style="color:#CC0000">but has never driven it</span>(don't ask me why). The CRX only has 68,000 original miles on the body, well I was talkin to him and asked him if he would sell just the body to me, and he said yes ($350). So, I thought this would be a much better chassis to, go faster. I want to put my LS/VTEC motor into the CRX. The ECU I'm running in my car is OBD1, and I have a JDM ITR tranny. I guess all I'm really asking is, what all do I need to put that motor into the CRX. Please use a list form. thanks for any help. :)

What year CRX? Did this CRX run or was it ever driven? You got the shell for $350, assuming he pulled the motor and trans only? IF these are the cases, just get a motor and tranny like what was in there and put it together. It may have never been drirven because of several issues, 1) what type opf CRX? Si Dx HF? that will tell us what was originial and what you might need in order to get it to run...right.

Donnie

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
you said a b16 is in the car now....so just buy the car with tranny, harness, ecu..swap long blocks and youre set..send the ecu for chipping ...then tune on dyno...

Back