obd1 or obd2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josuedc2

I have a 1997 civic with a B16a2 (obd1) and p30 computer (obd1), but the car is obd2.Wich diagnostic computer should I buy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I have a 1997 civic with a B16a2 (obd1) and p30 computer (obd1), but the car is obd2.Wich diagnostic computer should I buy.
Get a conversion harness or a get an ECU from a 1999 or a 2000 Si
I have the conversion harness to obd1, but I want to know wich diagnostic device do i use?

The point of an OBD2 code-reader is to read the codes stored in the obd2 ECU.
You have an obd1 ecu, so getting the obd2 code reader is not going to help you in any way.
Getting an obd1 code reader is retarded, (i don't even know if they have one compatible for hondas) you can just check the codes on your own. (same for obd2, but the reader is easier)

Quoted post[/post]]
You have an obd1 ecu, so getting the obd2 code reader is not going to help you in any way.
Getting an obd1 code reader is retarded, (i don't even know if they have one compatible for hondas) you can just check the codes on your own. (same for obd2, but the reader is easier)

From experience... you can't check your own codes on an obd2b ecu by using th obd1 trick (paperclip...)

Tried it, didn't happen.

Get an OBD conversion harness or just get a 99-00 Si wiring harness. Then pick up a P2T which is a 99-00 Si ECU.

I don't understand why you're saying that the b16a2 is obd1, it was originally an obd2b engine. All you should need is a 99-00 Si wiring harness and a P2T.

Quoted post[/post]]
From experience... you can't check your own codes on an obd2b ecu by using th obd1 trick (paperclip...)

Tried it, didn't happen.

Get an OBD conversion harness or just get a 99-00 Si wiring harness. Then pick up a P2T which is a 99-00 Si ECU.

I don't understand why you're saying that the b16a2 is obd1, it was originally an obd2b engine. All you should need is a 99-00 Si wiring harness and a P2T.
I did my GF's 97 Ex using the paperclip in the same place, but i noticed you said obd2b, and that may be true?

Quoted post[/post]]
The engine is a jdm b16a2 from a 1992 honda civic sir.

I want to thanks every one for helping me.THANK YOU

No it's a JDM B16a SiR from a 92 Civic SiR. The a2 is a USDM only b16a.

It's listed as a b16a2 but it's not, if it's from 1992 it's a b16 SiR II from an SiR.
The b16a2 came in 99-00 civic Si.

Back