1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBD1 pinout question.

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by nightrider45, May 28, 2007.

1. nightrider45

nightrider45 Junior Member

I'm was looking at the OBD1 pinout diagram and i was looking at pinouts B3 and B4. I have an automatic tranny and i was wondring what will those be connected to? would those have to do with anything about the 2 solenoids thats on the tranny that can cause a error ecu code number 19? or is it D18 to correct ecu code number 19?

And my fan for my radiator is not turning on. Do i have to connect pinout A14 to the radiator fan?

2. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

[​IMG]
    FFS TechNet Home [​IMG][​IMG] FFAQ [​IMG] Downloads [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]OBD1 Civic / Integra / Prelude ECU Pin SchematicsAuthor: Katman / Created: April. 06 / Last Updated: September. 06

SYNOPSIS

This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '92-95 Civic / '92-95 Integra / '92-95 Prelude VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
    OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
    Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
    Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
    • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
    • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

3. custompainter

4. nightrider45

I looked at that already, but i'm confused, thats y i'm asking the question, to see if anyone knows. I see the pinouts on that diagram but is my statemetn true in the first post?

5. custompainter

i believe so but your going to have to trace out witch wire goes to witch solinoid they should be color coded
    and i dont think A14 goes to anything you might just have a bad sensor thats why your fans aren't coming on

6. nightrider45

i checked the solenoids for the tranny but there different color wires. instead of tracing it back i was just going to spice a single wire to the ecu.

And thanks for telling me about the A14 pinout. I really meant the A12 Pinout. The fuses and sensor are fine. It's just i beleive the person that did some of my wiring never connected the fan because he didnt connect my vtec, oil pressure, knock sensor, Ckp-p ground and ckp-m ground. And the more i look at my wiring the more i find out more things that are not connected. And the way i found this is was by changing the cluster of my car. I found out that there was never a bulb for the check engine light, there for i thought everything was fine. Now i'm fixing things on my own. (more secure).

7. custompainter

that sux
    let me know how you make out

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted