obd1 serious problem need Help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightrider45

ever since i got a JDM b16 swap The code readers cant read my ECU. The engine light is always on but i cant do nothing about it. My ecu is a p30. How can i fix this problem if i dont even know where to start. When i ride my car for awhile it hesitates to gain more speed, and when i shut the car off and start it back the hesitation is gone but it comes back after a few mins. And when i make a complete stop the car shuts off automaticlly unless i put it in Neutral then it doesnt shut off.
I cleaned the injectors, got new spark plugs and wires, new distributor, I cleaned the vtec solinode, I changed the Map sensor, I checked the timing, but i think it has to be a fuel thing, the spark is fine. Can it be the fuel filter? Can i exchange a civic DX fuel rail and injectors into a B-series engine?

what car is it in and do you know how to count the codes yourself theres a 2 wire plug on the passenger side down around behind the kick panel area it should be blue i think. it will have just 2 wires going to it jump those 2 wires together with a paper clip or something then count the check engine light it will be flashing long pulse =10s fast pulse =1s

It's in a 97 civic dx. you mean take the kick panel out where the ecu is and there should be a blue wire connected to my ecu? You lost me when your talking about the paper clip and counting the codes

around the glove box area back behind some of that plastic somewhere in there,,there will be a plug that has just 2 wires jump them togethere then count the lights

so the engine light should blink if i jump them 2wires? so have a paper clip and have them 2 wires touch? And when it blinks a few times then what?

yes yes and start counting them if it flashes long it means 10 if it flashes short it means 1like lets say it flashes __ __ . . . thats 23 get it ?

its obd2...

just go to autozone, see if the scan tool will pick up the codes...

i know the cheap $70 one i bought works with JDM ecus.

it's obd1, and the codes cannot be read, when i went for an inspection the guy told me that my car has no life lol. He said that when he pluged the machine into my ecu it read nothing. The guy who did my swap must of really messed up my wiring, he customized my wiring to make my car run.

yes yes and start counting them if it flashes long it means 10 if it flashes short it means 1like lets say it flashes __ __ . . . thats 23 get it ?

Ok i get what your tring to say but what if i have more then 1 code which i kno i have tons of codes. My wiring is a nightmare. the car had problems since my swap which was last year. and i'm running out of options

he probly just converted it to obd1 from obd2 just count the codes and we will take it from there

i whould do it while its idleing but you can do it witrh just the key in the on postion

Ok i just did it and it just keeped on going for like 5 mins straight with lots of short and long blinking. When do i supposed to know when to stop or how to separate the codes since i know I have more then one.

Last edited:
If i did it right, here are the codes. 4,19,21,22,23
Look for part 2 of ths thread on Error ECU code need help...

Last edited:
Back