obd1 to ob0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 1990 hatch dx and i got a 93 ls motor its mounted in now but its obd1 and the car obdo i know that i have to go to mpfi from dpfi and i know how to wire it but how do i go from obd0 dash harness to obd1 motor harness? is there a nother harness i can you or something what is it going to take i am completly lost on this one

I pretty sure youre goin to need to use your DX harness while extending some things like the TPS sensor. And adding wires for the 2 additional injectors. you will also need a injector resistor box from a 90-91 integra which you run the 4 black/red wires from the injectors too.

which motor harness should i use for the dpfi to mpfi i got the wiring diagram and how to change it but it doesnt tell me what harness to use i need help i got a 90dx hatch and a 93 ls motor hatch obd0 motor obd1 which motor harness should i use i got a 0bd1 ls harness and the stock obd1 ls harness and the stock obd0 dx harness which sould i use for the swap

Use the dx harness and get the resistor box from an obd0 mpfi car. That or get an obd1 wire harness and add wires and change plugs but modify your dx harness.

OBD 0 is probably the easiest way to go, since it is already obd0, all you need to do is your mpfi conversion, You could use the 90-91 integra harness, a crx si or hf harness, I am not sure what ef harness you could use, maybe the si harness. Give me your obd 1 harness.

so if i use the obdo ls harness what do i have to do
i changed the injector plugs but now what i got several plugs that i dont know how to rewire or what ever i have to do
please help

too many kitens on the nipple for me... I totaly understand the question and all the replies, but your confusing the poor kid.

Originally posted by blngblngskater@May 18 2004, 10:17 PM
so if i use the obdo ls harness what do i have to do
i changed the injector plugs but now what i got several plugs that i dont know how to rewire or what ever i have to do
please help

ok man here is what you do...your going to have to use your stock dx harness...and use the obd1 distributor. first you need to convert from dpfi to mpfi. this is very simple. take your obd1 ls harness that you have and pull the injector resistor assembly out of it all the way back to the injectors...aka removing the subarness now solder the yellow wire from the injector subharness to the yellow wire on the dx injectors..now do the same with the red...now all you do is run the brown and the blue wire back to your comp to the appropriate pins...now you can use your obd1 distributor but youll have to get you some distributor plug from a 88-91 hf or si ...now it gets fun because not all the colors are the same.. you can match up the orange, orange/blue, white, and white blue. now match up the FAT white wire where the yellow/green wire went. you also have to add two more wires for this because of the dx distributor and they will be blue/yellow and the blue/green wires on the obd1 dizzy. these wire will be run back to the appropriate spots on the comp. now swap pins on the other plug with black/yellow and blue wires..you will need to run a pm6 ecu for this motor. you will also have to extend your map sensor, purge valve, and more than likely tps wires...you will also have to switch the two outside wires on your tps, just swap there places or else your motor wont run at full throttle because the ecu is getting a negative signal. ill will post computer pin places if you need me to ... i dont have my manual at the moment but if you need them i can give them

Originally posted by blngblngskater@May 20 2004, 10:01 AM
still a little confused is there any way this can be explained in more detail

how much detail do you need????the brn wire from the injector harness is ran back to A1 on the ecu and the blue is ran back to A5 on the ecu. On the dizzy the blue/green goes to C1 and blue/yellow goes to C2...also on your mpfi injector resistor subharness you have a yellow/black wire and that connects into the yellow/black wires from your dx harness....pretty simple you remove your obd1 injector harness all the way back to the injector resitor box, match up the colors for the two injectors and their two power wires, add the other two wires back to the ecu for the injectors, change plugs on dizzy, and add two wires back to the comp for the dizzy.

Back