obd1 to obd2 conversion on a b16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crippledave

hondave
what all do i need to swap on the b16a1 to make it a obd2 b16. This motor is going in a 2000 civic si. i already have a new honda obd2 oil pump with crank position sensor. i have a complete b20 vtec, with a obd2 b16 head, and i have a jspec b16a1. i dont want to swap the head over to convert it. Is there an easier way to do that?

Easier, yes, a little work is involved tho,
1 swap dizzy, obd2 dizzy is needed on the 00si
2 swap fuel rail and injectors so the harness off the obd2 engine will plug in to the injectors
change oil pump and add crank sensor
everything else off the obd1 engine should plug right in,
IAC may need to be swapped, cooland temp switch on back of engine may need to be swapped
You didn't say if the new engine was obd1 or obd0, so there may need to be a few other sensors that need to be swapped.

reply on obd1 to obd2 conversion

the motor is an obd0 swap to an obd1. i have changed intake manifold, oil pump and crank sensor, and distributor. I believe i have got everything changed over. When I got the motor it came upside down on the create. I called the company that shipped the motor and they said that they could not do anything about it. Anyways thanks for the help. I am getting alittle better at working on my Honda. I have a guy in Alabama that is going to build a motor for me. We are expecting about 600hp. I have not decided to go with the b16 or the b20 vtec. Witch one do you think would be the best to build? I have both at my disposal.

b20 is good for all motor, and is good for a boosted setup as long as you build the bottom end
the b16 is really good for turbo due to its rod/stroke ratio.
the b20 will get you more displacement, but the b16 will take higher rpms

Back