OBD1 v. OBD2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

Which is better OBD1 of OBD2 to run a LS-Vtec? What is the difference and which is better and why?

No real difference in performance from OBD. The acronym stands for on-board-diagnostics. They are just two generations of the same thing. Most people go with obd1 electronics when upgrading/swapping their motors because people like hondata/uberdata have come up with economic solutions on how to tune the fuel and ignition maps for maximzing a motor's potential performance, without having to go out and buy a stand alone system, such as a MoteC or Electromotive System. If you have a LOT of cash to burn, go with one of the last couple of names I just mentioned. They are at the top of the EFI fuel chain, and were built from scratch as a fully programable system. But hondata/uberdata is more than enough for 98% of people out there, and hondata and uberdata don't work with obd2 i don't think. I guess the programming language for OBD2 hasn't been worked on yet or something. The only people I have heard of doing performance on obd2 honda ecu's are the big guys like mugen and spoon.

thank you sooooo much. you are a lifesaver. i need that question answered by tonite and u came just in time. thank you LOTS

just trying to help. Why was it so urgent? What did you have to decide on tonight?

ok... from someone who has tuned several obd1 engines....

i tune hondata systems...in my opinion you should go w/ hondata... or if you are a DIY guy try uberdata....

i ran hondata/p28 w/ my lsvtec setup and i could give you a .bin file that gave me 183.8 whp 183.5 ft lbs.... probably a good starting point for your tune......

aim: pmdallstars or email : pills@hondaswap.com

holla

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 28 2004, 01:28 AM
just trying to help. Why was it so urgent? What did you have to decide on tonight?

i have a report to do 2morrow morning and i needed info on them. thank again

Back