obd1 vs, obd2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

halo_freak101

I have an obd2 GSR del sol and my friend told me its better to have obd1, is this true? if so, why and is it hard to convert?

I like obd1 better less things to deal with, plus you can use crome with obd1 or codes to deal with and no it's not hard to change over. Do you plan on doing it your self or paying someone to do it sir?

You convert to obd1 so you can tune it. There are no true obd2 tuning options - If you want to tune an obd2 honda, you have to use a piggyback, and most tuners and people that diy tune their cars would call that a sort of a hack job. Piggybacks don't offer the flexibility of being able to completely retune a car for different apps, such as turbo or high compression, because they can only modify to a certain degree the stock maps. go to xenocron.com to get the stuff you will need to convert.
Warning: if you live in California, KEEP ALL YOUR OBD2 STUFF. You won't be able to pass smog 'legally' without it.

Back