Obd1 zc????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
So I was walking into Kragen for a K&N filter replacement for my JDM box and a guy comes up to me and tells me my hatch is clean. I thanked him and we began to talk.

He tells me he has an EG CX Hatch with a ZC motor. It wasn't there so I couldn't look at it. I thought ZC motors were old JDM CRX motors???

OBD1 he says.....bought from a company out of Sac called Redline

Is that motor OBD1 too? I thought it was only OBD0 and he must've converted it to OBD1 but I guess I'm wrong.

Looked it up from the place I bought my swap from and its a SOHC VTEC???

He said DOHC and he did it himself. Had a hard time with the wiring too...

wiki ftw.

• 4th Gen ZC
Identified by: Internal coil. OBD1 EFi system (grey plug). No cam angle sensor on exhaust cam, now located in Dizzy. Rubber plug where cam angle sensor would mount. Black cam cover. No PGM-EFi plate on the inlet manifold, replaced with three ribs instead. P29 stamped on inlet manifold. MAP sensor on TB. +7cc PM7 pistons, pent roof combustion chamber. As a ZC only appeared in EG5 Civic bodies, no Integra or CRX received this engine. Reasonably common produced from '92 to '94. (20th Anniversary edition & Japanese car of the year) D-series version D16A8/9 (Euro & Australia Civic Si & NZ Civic Gti) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

Could have been converted as well.

Sorry I don't know the acronym ftw?

good one...ripped me up for sure

I'm what some call a technological immigrant

But I do know wikipedia at least

Someone said it meant What I'd Know Is....not sure but sounds good enough

He said the place he got the motor from had a difficult time finding a dizzy....so it sounds like it could've been converted.

But it seems weird for a CA shop to sell an older motor for a newer car and the guy I talked to didn't have a clue

Yea phyregod took me to the info.....buy my ear lol

That is a motor of many app's for sure.

by not buy....my ear is not for sale

He was all jacked up on absinthe (spell?) and all emo for his ex...he could barely control his bowels lmao

Plus he gave that shit to her....the ex girl....what an idiot he was.

At least I made a grammatical error and refered to my ear being up for sale to the highest bidder...money was to be made!

All the money his relatives could've made if he decided to keep it at the last moment.

It could be in someone's glass case....all looking like a rotten dried apricot and stuff

Back