obd1sohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crx

i wanted to know if I could use the 92-95 civic dx intake manifold on the obd1 sohc zc i know it will bolt up but i wanted to know if the runners are the same size and make sure that it is not more restrictive thanks

brett

you would probably come out better using the sohc zc manifold, should have a little bit better runner design since the dx manifold was designed for optimal fuel efficiency

Originally posted by jdmslim9295@Sep 25 2004, 06:47 PM
you would probably come out better using the sohc zc manifold, should have a little bit better runner design since the dx manifold was designed for optimal fuel efficiency
[post=394682]Quoted post[/post]​

yea but the jdm one is not smog legal

It's probably more restrictive... but if you're worried about your intake manifold not passing smog, won't you have the same problem with the JDM engine in your car? If the engine will pass, then the IM should pass along with it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 27 2004, 06:10 PM
It's probably more restrictive... but if you're worried about your intake manifold not passing smog, won't you have the same problem with the JDM engine in your car? If the engine will pass, then the IM should pass along with it.
[post=395446]Quoted post[/post]​

no i have already passes sohc zcs before they just smog them as an si motor i will just have to convert back to obd1 for smog and use a 88-91 crx si manifold which i might use anyway but i had a 92-95 civic dx one laying around and just wanted to use it

as long as its newer than the chassis, i see no issue with it passing smog. i can't see any reason why it won't. the egr is not really a part of the im, rather the electoronics of the car, and can easily eb adapteed to work on the manifold im sure.

other options are z6 or y8 IM's.

Back