obd2 alternator in an ef?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

has any one put an obd2 alternator in an ef body? i noe someone probabally has due to the fact that many people but gsr's and type r's in there car. im in need of some help putting an obd2 alternator on my car, i know i have to rewire the pulg for the alt, but i dont know what wire goes where.

could someone please help me,

thanks,
kyle

Quoted post[/post]]
has any one put an obd2 alternator in an ef body? i noe someone probabally has due to the fact that many people but gsr's and type r's in there car. im in need of some help putting an obd2 alternator on my car, i know i have to rewire the pulg for the alt, but i dont know what wire goes where.

could someone please help me,

thanks,
kyle

ok first off you need to be obd1 and above.

so if you do an obd1 conversion you're set.

you need to basically plug the obd2 male clip into the obd2 dizzy. the obd2 male clip has diff colors then most other distributors, but the dist side has the same colors has obd1/2.. I'm not if that makes sense to you? I'm not very good at explaining things. But basically you plug it in, then match the colors from the female dizzy side clips to your stock obd0 colors. There are 2 colors that are alike.. i think they are white or something. Best way to find out which goes where... one will make the car start.. one wont lol. I dunno if this is for all cars but i know that this is what we did on my buddy's obd2 gsr crx converted obd1.

very descriptive and but not quite what i was asking. . . its only 4 wires on the alt, but there different colors on both gens. . . ne one else?

thanks
kyle

does any one have the wire colors for pinning an obd2 alt to an obd0 wire harness???

Back