1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd2 and obd1

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Wilshire, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Wilshire

Wilshire Big WIll

ive got a 97 sol, obd2 and i bought a chipped obd1 ecu. got a harness and installed it. whenever i started it for the first ten minutes or so i heard a really loud buzzing/hissing noise from the cat and it would idle really strangly. then just earlier today i got a check engine light. so i put the stock ecu back in and everything was just fine= no noise or engine light.

I got to thinking. i put an obd1 ecu into my obd2 car, and i left both o2 sensors in.
    would that have anything to do with the noise from the cat and the check engine light???

if so should i remove the 02 sensor before or after the cat? and what should i use to plug the hole the sensor comes out of???

THANKS

if thats not the case i think i got JACKED on this ecu

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Go to autozone and have the CEL checked, the OBD1 ECU isn't going to look for the second O2.

3. Wilshire

Wilshire Big WIll

damn thats not what i wanted to here lol

thanks

4. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Or just check it yourself.. but yeah you'll need the code(s) from the ECU before you can really determine anything.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted