obd2 b18c no vtec no codes revlimit 8200?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

girls_are_mean

Ok, I have a 1994 ex that I put a B18c in. I wired everything, used a usdm obd1 gsr ecu, got it running, was throwing a code for a vtec oil pressure switch and wouldn't let me rev past 6k. So I took the oil pressure switch of my ex motor, tap and drilled a hole were it went on my ex motor, on the vtec bracket thing, now it revs to 8200, iab's work at about 4500(that the right rpm) but vtec isn't working. So I was talking to some people and they said I need to get a jdm obd1 ecu and that should fix my problem.

I'm going to cali next weekend and I'm going to try my brothers jdm itr ecu to see if that works. I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas. If you guys need some pictures of my wiring or where I installed my vtec pressure switch, lemme know and i'll post them.

Or, I couldn't find a harness that went form OBD1 car side to OBD2 ecu, I have the ecu still, I'm guessing if I could use the ecu that came with the motor i wouldn't have this problem.....

Thanks

Back