obd2 b18c1 to 90 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acuramain

alright, i have a obd2 b18c1 that i want to put in a 90 crx. i have the ecu, wires, motor, tranny, axles all out of a 98 integra. its all still in the acura. i know i will need new motor mounts, but other than that, what problems should i expect? i keep reading about wiring problems but since i have all the stuff in the acura, shouldnt it all go together with minimal problems? also can i even use the stock headers and catalytic convertor? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

your gonna need a new shift linkage. and for the wiring your best bet would to get an obd1 conversion harness and get an obd1 ecu. then swap everything over into your crx with mounts from hasport (your gonna need the hydro mounts cause of the tranny) then just wire everythying into your existing wire harness. tht would be the easiest way. it would be a pin in the ass to try to use the obd2 stuff cause none of it hooks up to the crx stuff.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 24 2005, 06:18 PM
your gonna need a new shift linkage. and for the wiring your best bet would to get an obd1 conversion harness and get an obd1 ecu. then swap everything over into your crx with mounts from hasport (your gonna need the hydro mounts cause of the tranny) then just wire everythying into your existing wire harness. tht would be the easiest way. it would be a pin in the ass to try to use the obd2 stuff cause none of it hooks up to the crx stuff.
[post=478198]Quoted post[/post]​

the linkage out of the integra wont work? is it too long? also if i use obd1 stuff wont i have a lot of sensors and crap that wont connect to the b18?

from what I have read you must modify the 93 teg linkage (shorten) 2-2/16ths. for the CRX you have to make it longer. Not sure abut the OBD2 tegs

the integra linkage wont work, you either have to modify it or get a hybrid specific one like form hasport. and all the sensors are already connected to the b18. all you are doing is changing what ecu they are going to. and in terms of the signals the sensors send, obd2 and obd1 are compatable.

sorry noob here. wouldnt you need a cable transmission in order for it to work in the crx? i've been told that a hydrolic tranny from a 92+ b series wouldnt work in a crx. please correct me if im wrong.

Originally posted by luckyclover@Mar 31 2005, 01:58 AM
sorry noob here. wouldnt you need a cable transmission in order for it to work in the crx? i've been told that a hydrolic tranny from a 92+ b series wouldnt work in a crx. please correct me if im wrong.
[post=481054]Quoted post[/post]​

NOw you can..Here's your answer... click Here!

Originally posted by acuramain@Mar 24 2005, 05:08 PM
alright, i have a obd2 b18c1 that i want to put in a 90 crx. i have the ecu, wires, motor, tranny, axles all out of a 98 integra. its all still in the acura. i know i will need new motor mounts, but other than that, what problems should i expect? i keep reading about wiring problems but since i have all the stuff in the acura, shouldnt it all go together with minimal problems? also can i even use the stock headers and catalytic convertor? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
[post=478193]Quoted post[/post]​

For your wiring woes, you can run an OBD0 to OBD2a conversion harness if you want to keep the OBD2a gsr ecu.

http://www.jkobd.com/0to2a.htm

http://www.rywire.com

Complete conversion, we'll make any swap's wiring look like it came from the factory.
Contact us, we sell the JKOBD jumper harness with the pigtail wired into your harness already, everything you have to do is plug and play, no soldering necessary.

Back