OBD2 Crx anyone have expirenc??? help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Freaze_or_buRn

Ok so heres what I'm doing...

96 obd2 3-stage vtec D15b.
I just located the proper ECU. now what?

there are so many wires on this thing... and the only plugs that plug into
anything are the ECU plugs....

I assume this would be about the same as putting a Y7 or Y8 in a crx.
where do I start?

thanks for any help
Freaze_or_bUrN is online now Add to Freaze_or_bUrN's Reputation Edit/Delete Message

or just run it with either obd0 or obd1. i have a b16b in my crx and by far the easiest way for me to do it was to leave the car and ecu as obd0. I'm currently getting 201hp from it so it can't be all bad.

Originally posted by clanny@Sep 13 2005, 01:47 AM
or just run it with either obd0 or obd1. i have a b16b in my crx and by far the easiest way for me to do it was to leave the car and ecu as obd0. I'm currently getting 201hp from it so it can't be all bad.
[post=553569]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I got a B16a OBD0, i have no problems. just get a pr3 or pw0 or go obd 1 with it. But im all for the OBD0 love

why couldnt you get a p28 chipped to run like the one you have? my boys gsr in his crx "has to" use a p72 but hes got a chipped obd0 ecu i dont see the diff

Originally posted by Freaze_or_buRn@Sep 15 2005, 12:32 PM
OBD1 and OBD0 not an option. I HAVE to use the P2J ECU for this engine to work properly. so I NEED to wire my car for OBD2. Haven't beean able to find a OBD0 to OBD2 jumper harness... any one no where I might look to find the Wiring diagrams for OBD0 and OBD2???

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/3stagevtec.html
[post=555037]Quoted post[/post]​

did you not go to the websites that i pointed out earlier.

All right I have ordered the OBD0 to OBD2 conversion harness, so that covers the ECU side of the wiring, now what about the engine side??? anyone know where I can find info on converting a SI\HF to a OBD2 engine (Y8\Y5)

I know there are a few things that will need to be re-wired just by looking at it:
-fuel injectors
-alternator
-distributer
-etc...

anyone know where to get a wireing diagram or a HOW-TO

thanks for any help

this might sound kind of dumb but how about getting two ecu jumper harness obd0 to obd1 and the other obd1 to obd2 that might work if if you dont want to mess around with the wiring.

Originally posted by pugarex@Sep 22 2005, 03:05 PM
this might sound kind of dumb but how about getting two ecu jumper harness obd0 to obd1 and the other obd1 to obd2 that might work if if you dont want to mess around with the wiring.
[post=558637]Quoted post[/post]​

that dose sound kinda dumb, because that I can plug the ECU into the car just fine I have a OBD0 to OBD2 conversion harness, but I can't plug the engine into the car...

Back