OBD2 Dizzy question???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nicks00si

I've got an H22A that I'm getting ready to drop into a civic. The harness is obd2, and the distributor that came on it appears to be an obd2, also there is an msd external coil and cap on it. The wires are all cut in the middle and then spliced back together. Everything seems to match up perfectly, except for one darker green wire that comes out of the distributor. It was spliced in with a blue wire, so I'm not sure what it is supposed to go to. I compared it to a d-series obd2 dizzy and all the wires are identical except for that green one. Could it be something to do with the MSD related items or something else? Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated, I called msd and the guy I talked to didn't seem to have any interest in helping me out, so I'm hoping someone else knows a little more about these distributors.
Thanks in advance!

I can take pictures if necessary

Try installing it before being concerned. If it runs like crap then come back and describe how it runs and we can go from there. Also painless conversion harness or bust. Worth every penny

91 Aura Integra
98 JDM B20B swapped
AEM cold air intake
Greddy header
Custom exhaust

it might b to instal external rpm tac.? witch wire is the green one, the one from dizzy?

Ok so I finally have a chance to do some more research. Here are some pictures of what I have and the wiring. I went ahead and spliced the wires together that matched, not sure if that was the way to go but it made sense. I basically need a crash course in distributors, I dont know what all the little black boxes are or what they do, and so I'm lost. I want to learn, but haven't been able to find any diagrams, so I turn to HS!!!
SDC10567.jpg

SDC10575.jpg

SDC10576.jpg

SDC10566.jpg

happy.gif

I've got an H22A that I'm getting ready to drop into a civic. The harness is obd2, and the distributor that came on it appears to be an obd2, also there is an msd external coil and cap on it. The wires are all cut in the middle and then spliced back together. Everything seems to match up perfectly, except for one darker green wire that comes out of the distributor. It was spliced in with a blue wire, so I'm not sure what it is supposed to go to. I compared it to a d-series obd2 dizzy and all the wires are identical except for that green one. Could it be something to do with the MSD related items or something else? Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated, I called msd and the guy I talked to didn't seem to have any interest in helping me out, so I'm hoping someone else knows a little more about these distributors.
Thanks in advance!

Either you're a spambot of some type, or you are trying a sneaky way to get your post count up, by reposting the first post in the thread. Ban hammer coming to nail it down coming soon

Back