obd2 emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal I have an obd1 ECU in my civic. what I was wondering is it worth the work and the effort to get the sensors and add them to my B16 that it needs it only needs a couple of things the secondary o2 sensor is already wired and ready to go and I have a cat that has the secondary sensor hole on the way in. is there anything else I am going to need to hook up to pass emissions? (even tho I live in a state where all they do is look to see if you have a cat and if your pipes are legal) let me know. also in the back burner I was thinking about getting an ls block from a 2000 teg is that worth doing instead of spending the money on the sensor just do an lsvtec from an obd2 teg?

your local DOT should awnser questions without asking your name or anything,I'd call them just to be sure.

Originally posted by deth101@Mar 12 2005, 07:28 PM
your local DOT should awnser questions without asking your name or anything,I'd call them just to be sure.
[post=472761]Quoted post[/post]​

ahhh you see i thought they would ask my name and all that stuff but i was thinking about it all i need is for my emission stuff to come up working right like my o2 sensors and all the other air sensors right? they shouldn't care about the other sensors like the crank sensor right?

They'll tell you what they are gonna want,they would rather have you do it right anyway.If they give you any crap go to the office,they have to make that kind of info avaliable or they cant enforce it.I had a DOT mechanic tell me anything I wanted to know just by asking at the office,very nice guy too.

Back