OBD2 GS-R swap into 00 civic EX questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a gsr is a b18c.... i'm not sure what you're asking....

a gsr is a b18c.... i'm not sure what you're asking....
What I am asking is... Is it easier trying to source out a USDM B18C1 or sourcing a JDM B18C. I mean in terms of getting it to pass emissions with a usdm ecu. Again I am sorry for any confusion.

Some jdm variants don't have us emissions stuff on them, like provisions for the charcoal canister, egr, etc...
If you use the usdm ecu, you may need to retro fit some systems like that to it (if your car doesn't already have them).

I have limited first-hand experience with obd2 stuff.... always stuck with obd1 because of all this stuff :)

I'd run a USDM ECU. Or....talk to Honda swap guys in your state and find out what's up with the smog scanning and JDM ECU's

USDM and JDM VTEC oil pressure issue too. USDM ECU needs to have USDM B18C1 VTEC oil pressure switch. Plus the 99/00 Si mounts we spoke of, IAB's and Knock Sensor.

I'd run a USDM ECU. Or....talk to Honda swap guys in your state and find out what's up with the smog scanning and JDM ECU's

USDM and JDM VTEC oil pressure issue too. USDM ECU needs to have USDM B18C1 VTEC oil pressure switch. Plus the 99/00 Si mounts we spoke of, IAB's and Knock Sensor.
Ya I have been doing a lot of reading around different forums to see what other people have done. So I know I'll need a B18C1 VTEC solenoid and pressure switch, a B18C1 oil pump but the issue I am having is figuring out what to do with the evap purge I saw that some people just T off the vacum lines for the evap canister and charcoal canister. But I am not sure if my civic EX has the charcoal and evap canister.

My JDM B16A intake manifold didn't have an evap purge solenoid or the hole for the vacuum line. I swapped a USDM B16A3 intake manifold. Not sure if all JDM motors are like that.

My JDM B16A intake manifold didn't have an evap purge solenoid or the hole for the vacuum line. I swapped a USDM B16A3 intake manifold. Not sure if all JDM motors are like that.
Ya I was thinking about that yesterday what if I swap the JDM intake manifold for a USDM intake manifold.

Back