OBD2 GSR B18C1 P72 Vtech Pinout HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic Gsr

:confused:Ive seen all kinds of diagrams. But I cant find the right one that will tell me what to do. I have a 98 B18C1 P72 into a 95 Civic couple DX. Does anyone know the diagram to to wire up the Vtec? I will be very happy if you can help me, since i'm in the middle of the swap as I type.
I need something for idiots. Since its the first time i do a swap.

They should sell "Swaps for Dummies" it would sell great!

Anyway, would my car run if i don't do this wiring? Because if it does, I could drive it to a shop to get it done, if i cant do it myself.:confused:

Last edited:
Ok I got all the info about the pinning out stuff. Vtec!
Vtec!
Question, Does anyone know of a good place to buy the materials? Color cables to try and keep it original. Also Whats the name of the small clamps/clips you attach to the cables to hook it up to the ECU harness??? It would help a lot if I go buy them with the correct name.

bump...

I got the ECU Diagram, the color code for the wires, But!!! I need the diagrams for the gsr obd2 harness. I need to make sure that im doing it right since im no mechanic, I dont know where all the sensors and switches on the engine are.

gsr swap

you can use the obd2 engine harness and just plug it up. and here is the wiring chart you will need to follow.
wiring.92-95.jpg

Im using a GSR OBD 2 from a 99. I just found out today that the alternator plug was different, luckly i had a harness from a 95 ls and switched the plugs.
Now I was told that my car would start without the Vtec wires hooked up, vtec is optional. But I plugged must and i couldnt get it to start. There are 2 plugs behind of the manifold that dont know where they go. I probably need to get under that car for them.
basically I need to know where all the plugs from the engine harness go to. Like a diagram.

Im using a 98 GSR engine B18C1 with a GSR harness 99 B18C1.
The engine was originally in a 92 Integra Hatch. Thats where I pulled it out of, and I already installed the engine into a EG 95 Coupe. Everything seems fine exept hooking up the harness, the last step of the swap.

:-(

harness

put the harness that came on the engine back on the engine and then you are going to wire the car from the inside out start by adding what your car does not have vtec knock etc.

Back