Obd2 H22 Into 92 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mwvnos

ok i have a 92 civic hatch and im putting a h22 into it. i have found a good deal on a h22 that is a 97 which is obd2. what do i have to do to the harness under the hood to make it work??? also can i run a obd1 h22 ecu on the obd2 h22 motor??? please let me know asap! thanx so much!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

be prepared to spend a pretty fortune for an obd1 h22a ecu without an imobilizer!!!!!
350 is average price for just the ecu

other than that, you use your civic harness, swap plugs where necessary, run wires for vtec if necessary, and IAB butterflies on the IM,
other than that its a normal h22 swap.

I've seen OBD1 P13 ECU's go for less than that, you just have to hunt for them. B is right though, there are people out there who charge a kidney for them.

Originally posted by mwvnos@Apr 16 2003, 12:03 PM
sorry im ignorant...what do you mean by swaping plugs? it already is wired for vtec.

you are switching OBD's though... the h22 plugs on the motor won't match up to the civic harness.
conversely, if you use the h22 harness, your ecu won't plug in without swapping plugs/conversion harness.

so you have to physically cut the sensor off the h22 harness, cut the plug off the civic harness and put the h22 plug on the civic harness, matching up wires absed on your TWO helms manuals- one for your car, one for your motor.

Back