obd2 jdm itr into a 91 crx si HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jsjekhatch

What does it take to convert a 2000 jdm itr 0bd2 into a 91 crx si and will pass smog let me know thanks

obd conversion harness, tranny, axels probably, shift linkage, throtle cable, engine mounts, and if you dont pass emissions the first time then put denatured alcohol in ur tank, ive heard nothing but good remarks for this. wont hurt engine but makes you run lean so you pass.

talk about your FUN swap,
i just spent a couple weeks putting a 90 si into a 90 dx, i didnt work alld ay every day on it thats why it took so long but, when gas and oil lines dontmatch up, and wirring harnesses dont match up things get complicatied, real complicated,
if i were you i would put a simpler engine in like an ls, unless you have professionals and a ton of money an itr would be the best choice(advice from noob to noob)

i mean what do i need so my crx will be obd2 with the jdm itr motor dont want to go obd1

you talk about a wiring nightmare. i would probally convert the type r engine to obd0 under the hood. it makes life much easier. then you could get an ecu adapter from obd0 to obd2 to run the type r ecu or just run a pr3 or pwo ecu. i saw an ecu adapter at locashracing.com. good luck anyhow

u will need an to convert to ob2 wiring harness...ob2 distributor....ob2 ecu not sure what else

nothin compares though to the pain in the ass u will have with that wiring harness if i where u i would contact hasport they will do a converstion for ya for like 350 bucks but it wont look like ass and it will match up perfect kinda werth the money...imo

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Nov 30 2003, 11:51 PM
try and find a obd0 engine/ecu
it will make your life a lot easier

:concur: I've been trying to stress this to my friend Sam aka 91civichb... but he doesnt understand OBD's hee hee

A Blessing in Disguise

Back