1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd2 jdm itr into a 91 crx si HELP

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by jsjekhatch, Nov 28, 2003.

1. jsjekhatch

jsjekhatch Junior Member

What does it take to convert a 2000 jdm itr 0bd2 into a 91 crx si and will pass smog let me know thanks

2. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

obd conversion harness, tranny, axels probably, shift linkage, throtle cable, engine mounts, and if you dont pass emissions the first time then put denatured alcohol in ur tank, ive heard nothing but good remarks for this. wont hurt engine but makes you run lean so you pass.

3. hammerdgolfer

hammerdgolfer Senior Member

talk about your FUN swap,
    i just spent a couple weeks putting a 90 si into a 90 dx, i didnt work alld ay every day on it thats why it took so long but, when gas and oil lines dontmatch up, and wirring harnesses dont match up things get complicatied, real complicated,
    if i were you i would put a simpler engine in like an ls, unless you have professionals and a ton of money an itr would be the best choice(advice from noob to noob)

4. jsjekhatch

jsjekhatch Junior Member

i mean what do i need so my crx will be obd2 with the jdm itr motor dont want to go obd1

5. jsjekhatch

jsjekhatch Junior Member

??????????????? :sleep:

6. Uppertorso

Uppertorso Senior Member

try and find a obd0 engine/ecu
    it will make your life a lot easier

7. DA69

DA69 Senior Member

you talk about a wiring nightmare. i would probally convert the type r engine to obd0 under the hood. it makes life much easier. then you could get an ecu adapter from obd0 to obd2 to run the type r ecu or just run a pr3 or pwo ecu. i saw an ecu adapter at locashracing.com. good luck anyhow

8. 87B16CRX

87B16CRX Member

u will need an to convert to ob2 wiring harness...ob2 distributor....ob2 ecu not sure what else

nothin compares though to the pain in the ass u will have with that wiring harness if i where u i would contact hasport they will do a converstion for ya for like 350 bucks but it wont look like ass and it will match up perfect kinda werth the money...imo

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

:concur: I've been trying to stress this to my friend Sam aka 91civichb... but he doesnt understand OBD's hee hee

A Blessing in Disguise

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted