OBD2 LS in a 89 HB DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THEUSED

Alright this is going to be a brain teaser but bare with me, thanks in advance

I've got a 89 HB DX OBD0 and I can get a deal on a OBD2 LS FULL SWAP Engine, ECU, wiring harness, dash, and tranny(which Im going to sell or trade for a LSD Cable Pull) from my buddy who was recently rearended by a Ford(yuk).

The best way I can think of is to convert the car to MPFI OBD1 then convert the engine to OBD1. I am really unsure about this though would this work?
Oh yeah one more thing I'd like to run the dash in my HB how would I go about doing that if the car gets converted and everything works? Thanks Again

You can keep the OBD2 distributor, 4 wire O2 sensor, injectors and convert to either an OBD1 ecu or OBD2 ecu. Either way you can get the conversion harness for the OBD1 ecu or OBD2 ecu. You will still need to rewire it for MPFI first as you stated. You can also use the OBD2 engine harness for plugs in order to make this plug right in. You will use your stock engine harness and use the injectors, distributor, o2 sensor, etc off of the OBD2 engine harness.

Jason
www.JKobdconverisonharness.com

Back