OBD2 --->OBD1 IACV wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackGoat

I have done a OBD2 F23A swap into a 91 Accord. It is done works great except at idle it bounces up to 1500 rpm+ and back down constantly. The one thing I had problems with, was the wiring for the IACV. The old engine (OBD1) had a 2 wire connector, and the new engine (OBD2) has a 3 wire. What is the proper way to connect this up? I assume this is my problem, but if there is something I am not thinking of that could be the problem please share your thoughts.

Hey! i just did the same swap in my 90 accord and am having the same problem with the idle. if u have any luck with it would u mind sharing what fixed it? and as far as i know with the iacv u switch the blk/yel and the blu/blk around and gound the black wire. hope this helps. i'm thinkin not though lol;)

ok i have a f23 a1vtec in the original chassis and currently swaping to obd1 from obd 2b ur idle problem is the idle air controller u have to take the f22 iac make a plate then bolt it to the f23 and take a pin and push the two positive wires together making it a two wire iac...... any questions gimme a call
770-912-9238 atlanta area ask for josh

i need the wiring diagram for odb2b to obd1 anyone do it therself and not buy the harness im goin cheap so i can bypass this immobilzer stuff cuz it shut down my injectors

Oh that harness lol. i hadn't read the other posts until i repied with the first one. sorry about that. the harness i used was for the f22a, wired obd2 inj. plugs to it,using 94/95 accord ecu. tried using an adapter plate for the obd1 iac it didn't work right though.i just plugged the wires into it how they originally were. what did u mean plug the 2 power wires together with a pin??? as far as the diagrams go i just used the repair manuals to get them.

my car is a 95 accord im running a f23a1 i need a wiring digram for the iacv and vtech plz

I have done a OBD2 F23A swap into a 91 Accord. It is done works great except at idle it bounces up to 1500 rpm+ and back down constantly. The one thing I had problems with, was the wiring for the IACV. The old engine (OBD1) had a 2 wire connector, and the new engine (OBD2) has a 3 wire. What is the proper way to connect this up? I assume this is my problem, but if there is something I am not thinking of that could be the problem please share your thoughts.
im having that same problem can u turn your ac on at the stop lights because i cant

Back