--obd2 Secondary Heated 02 Sensor Circuit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchboy

Sleeves+boost=Love
Allrite heres the story, my dad has a 96 acura 2,5TL and my mom has a 96 accord. Both OBD2
There check Engine lights were both on so they asked me to take a look at them, I am a 4g man and dont know shit about obd2 but figured it would be basically the same. So i jumped the wires and got code 65 on both cars. Which is Secondary Heater 02 sensor circuit. WTF does that mean, where is the circuit, Becuase code 64 or 63 is the Secondary heated 02 sensor, thats when the sensor is bad. But it is giving me the bad circuit code. Where is it on this OBD2 pos.

-dan

secondary 02 is located on the cat, or just after it. im not sure how those luxory cars are set up.

basically, it will throw a code if:
A- its broken
B- its getting a bad reading.
if you are getting a bad reading, thats because it keeps the 2 sensors in check with each other... kinds like if the first one sees X, but the 2nd one sees Z instead of Y, it will throw a code.

Thanks B but yea i am getting code 65 on both. It sais it is the circuit. Code 63 is for the actual secondary 02 sensor being bad. So i guess i will call up a service store or some shit and mabey annoy them until they tell me. lol

Back