OBD2 to OBD0 b18b into OBD1 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22hatcheg

Ok guys im buying a full swap off a guy, its a JDM 97 b18b with 35k. He put this into a 90 teg and said he converted the harness to OBD0. So im wondering what all i am going to need to get this into my 92 eg hatch which is OBD1.

Can i just use a conversion harness and chip my obd1 ecu to ls specs or is this going to need a lot more?

Thanks guys, new to the forum, just found today, tried searching for this but couldnt find much.

hmm did he use a convertion harness? or did he alter the whole wiring harness from the teg? the only thing i can think of is he converted his stock obd0 harness to match up with his car, but in the worst case all you need to do is get yourself an obd1 wiring harness from a teg and use that to your shock tower cannon plugs

Quoted post[/post]]
hmm did he use a convertion harness? or did he alter the whole wiring harness from the teg? the only thing i can think of is he converted his stock obd0 harness to match up with his car, but in the worst case all you need to do is get yourself an obd1 wiring harness from a teg and use that to your shock tower cannon plugs
Actually he can use an obd2a integra harness as long as the engine is still obd2.

yep.... if he didnt fuck with any of the actual equipment on the engine (injectors, distributor, etc) then you can take a obd-2 integra harness and plug it straight into your car

Well he said he just cut the ob2 and wired it to his obd0 ls ecu.

Would it be easier for me to just buy an OBD1 dizzy. intake, and ecu. and then just plug an play with my old harness? or will i need to wire the knock sensor and egr?

Quoted post[/post]]
Well he said he just cut the ob2 and wired it to his obd0 ls ecu.

Would it be easier for me to just buy an OBD1 dizzy. intake, and ecu. and then just plug an play with my old harness? or will i need to wire the knock sensor and egr?
If the engine is obd2 still (The injectors/alternator/distributor) GET A 96-98 GSR harness, and it will be plug and play, easier and cheaper.
This will plug into your existing obd1 engine plugs and you can run an obd1 ecu of your choice.

Back