1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBD2 to OBD1 conversion

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by nwisehart, Feb 21, 2004.

1. nwisehart

nwisehart Junior Member

I have a 98 integra ls motor that I have swapped into my 92 honda civic. I am going to convert the engine over to obd 1 from obd2 before I run it. I was just wondering what parts I need to replace or change. The distributor, the injectors, the engine harness and what other parts do I need to change.

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

the dist, injectors, ecu

If you mod your obd2 harness you wont need to redo the whole thing and you can just get a 2 to 1 jumper for the ecu end

3. nwisehart

nwisehart Junior Member

What do you mean by mod my obd2 harness? I currently have the obd2 harness on the engine and the car is obd1. The two harnesses plug together so do you think if I just get a 2 to 1 jumper and run an obd2 computer that will work fine.

4. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yes, or you could :readfaq: and realize that you could basically use the harness that is on the motor with an OBD I ecu (P75)

particulary this section http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29809
    ...yeah i know it's on the B20, but it's basically the same thing that you are doing- because the motors would use the same ECU's and sensors etc

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted