1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd2 to obd1 swap

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by kris6018, Nov 13, 2006.

1. kris6018

kris6018 Junior Member

I have a 96 prelude srv which was consuming lots of oil so I decide to go with a JDM h22a obd1 engine I got the motor and swaped it out with mine and I ran into a few problems with it. I bought a conversion harness for the ecu to convert my obd2 to obd1. The prolems I ound wher my car was an externel coil car the jdm motor came with an internel coil which had the 2 extra pickups in the distributer which I found out where the crankshaft position sensors my old motor had them on the crank and balancer belt pullies so I used some wiring I found on the net for a 96 accord to obd1 conversion. Also I had to use the wiring harness from the car as the one the motor came with was cut. When I finally got the car to run it wouldn't idle properly it would just jump from 1 to 2 thousand rpm. The jdm motor doesn't have a map sensor on the throttle body so what I did was use the top of the intake off of my old motor and I am currently running it off the obd2 ecu which seems to run ok but it throws the nock sensor code and it throws a misfire code on all 4 cylinders but it seems to run ok Any help would be apriciated thanks.
Draft saved Draft deleted