obd2 to obd1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kris6018

I have a 96 prelude srv which was consuming lots of oil so I decide to go with a JDM h22a obd1 engine I got the motor and swaped it out with mine and I ran into a few problems with it. I bought a conversion harness for the ecu to convert my obd2 to obd1. The prolems I ound wher my car was an externel coil car the jdm motor came with an internel coil which had the 2 extra pickups in the distributer which I found out where the crankshaft position sensors my old motor had them on the crank and balancer belt pullies so I used some wiring I found on the net for a 96 accord to obd1 conversion. Also I had to use the wiring harness from the car as the one the motor came with was cut. When I finally got the car to run it wouldn't idle properly it would just jump from 1 to 2 thousand rpm. The jdm motor doesn't have a map sensor on the throttle body so what I did was use the top of the intake off of my old motor and I am currently running it off the obd2 ecu which seems to run ok but it throws the nock sensor code and it throws a misfire code on all 4 cylinders but it seems to run ok Any help would be apriciated thanks.

Back