obd2 to obd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gser

i bought a 99 b16a2 and i have a 93 cx hb, and i want to make the motor obd1, i have a obd1 jdm p30 and i just bought a obd1 gsr motor wiring harness. i know i have to cut and the injectors clips and Distributor is different from the civic si harness, and i have to wire vtec. but i dont know how or what wires go where? does any one have a guide?......one more thing can i use the a/c compressor off the b16a2? or can i use mine off the hb?

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 14 2003, 08:21 PM
if you're putting it in an obd2 car, all you need is the obd1 ecu and a jumper

Maybe try reading the question, maybe. He is putting it into a 93.

To make that motor OBD I (not the motor, but the controlling emissions equipment) you need an OBD I intake manifold (to make it easiest, just use the whole thing) and an OBD I vtec B series distributor. You are still going to have to do all tht vtec wiring and o2 conversion though.

Hey, where did u get a B16A2? I want a 00 civic si motor in my 92 civic vx hb...
any suggestions? what about obd? :lol:

i put a 98 gsr in my 92 civic and all i needed was a obdI ecu the engine harness connects directly to my chassis connecters, i did nothing to the intake manifold nor the distribitur, the only wires i routed was the knock senser and the IAB the vtec wires should be already wired u

ps if the map sensor is mounted on the firewall and not the trottlebody use the connecter from the firewall because the connecter coming from the motor leads to nothing (check the harniess connectors on the passenger side for three missing wires(on chassis side ) where the map sensor wires are

i got the motor from my buddys recked si, i understand that the GSR obd2 harness mounts up. but the si harness goes stright through the firewall to the obd2 ecu. so i bought an obd1 gsr harness. i just need some one to tell me what colors to connect. and i want to be obd1 not ecu jumper and be obd2

Back