OBD2 to OBD1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APEXi

Hey guys i jus swapped in my b18 in my eg hatch, we fired it up and she runs fine, started first time... at the moment im throwing 3 codes, 3, 20 & 21....i kno im throwing the knock sensor, electrical load detector & oil pressure switch??

we have basicly jus dropped the motor in at the moment so we havn't ran the extra wires for for the knock sensor and the secnondary butterfly on the intake..

im running a OBD1 p72 and the motor is a OBD2 B18 so in order to convert the motor to OBD1 i would have to change the distributer? is there anything else i would have to change? also is the distributer possibly the reason y im throwing code 20?

any help would be deeply apreasiated, thanx

you dont have to change out anything to make an OBD-2 engine run in an OBD-1 car
i have an 01 B18C/R in my 93 sol running OBD-1
i modified my stock harness to fit the B
all i did was swap the plugs for the injectors and the distributor and lengthen a few wires... the alternator plug is different as well but im running an OBD-1 alt so i didnt have to change that plug
as long as all the shit is plugged in you should be fine
wire up everything that needs to be wired up then go from there

thanx for ur help dude, could u tell me how to wire in the sencondary butterfly on the intake plz?

Back