obd2 Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

how are people managing turbo in 96+ GS-R's with out converting to obd1 or using an fmu or injector hack or any crap like that? The idea is i wanna run like 6psi but it would be nice to know i could run 8, 9, or 10 for those stubborn mustang's and pesky F bodies ;)

i ask cause i live in cali, please no smart ass "reason #9778545 remarks" Thanks ;)

I didnt think you would have worry about messing around with the conversion..With a fmu, vafc.. etc..

well see thats the thing with an fmu 6psi i think is where you start to push it with stock internals, the ecu management like Zdyne and hondata make the turbo system run much more acurate and much more efficient thus the ablity to run more boost then with the fmu on stock internals, but see the thing is hondata and zdyne only run the obd1 systems so if i get a 96+ gsr im shit outa luck. some one correct me if im wrong.

I know for a fact that you can use hondata on 96 and up on a GSR

with the following ecu's P72,P28,P30,P61,P08J,P30J,P72J

with the stock P72 you will be just fine

but many vehicles require an OBDII to OBDI

yea but the fact that the obd system is verson 2 i think makes it not work even though hondata and Zdyne support the p72 though i could be wrong, how sure are you? or are you just saying they support the ecu's you listed

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jan 6 2004, 06:24 PM
slap on the obd II wiring harness :)

? its already obd2...were talking about a 96+ gsr

But back to what you asked..besides the hondata.. I didnt know that you had to have certain OBD to run the hack, fmu etc..

And your not shit out of the luck if you get a 96+ GSR.. just get a obd I wiring conversion..

you cant do that shit in cali B was already telling me they would shoot me and my momma if i was caught.

What the conversion? have you looked it up to verify this?

brings back to

reason # 234908902348902384 why cali sucks :) (had to do it)

you dont have to be any obd to run the hack or FMU but the thing was i didnt want anything to do with either of them i want strictly ecu management. you can only run about 6 psi on stock honda internals with the FMU befor you should start preparing your self for the fact that things might break.

oh okay I get what you were trying to say now.. Well if i helped good if i didn't sorry

you can run more than 6 psi on an fmu.

but if your're in cali and it appears that you are worried about smog, etc... the greddy kit is the only carb-legal option. end of story.

well see its one thing to convert the motor back over to an N/A setup to pass smog every two years its something different to have to convert from obd2 to obd1 then back to obd2 when smog comes up. i would only be willing to switch from turbo to n/a not a whole convert back to obd2 jsut so i could run and ecu managed turbo theres got to be a better way. and i know you can run more on the FMU just with the stock honda motors it starts to get in an area where the "safe" line is geting thin you need something more accurate when working with such small margin for mistake

Back