obd2 TYPE-R into obd1 hatch....WIRING???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typereg101

i got a 1994 civic hatch and i am trying to put a obd2 type r motor and ive been goin through hell fellaz seriously....so i got a gsr wiring harness and a p30 ecu i got the jumper harness so the ecu part is done.....connected everything up by plug and play and got a battery and it doesnt turn over.... does anyone have any wiring diagrams....

You have the wrong wiring harness on your engine. Modify your stock harness, it's not difficult. :)

what the helllllllllllllllllllllllllll are you talking about dude i have a freakin type r so i got a gsr wiring harness i was told it will work...a stock eg wiring harness my friend nothing will match up i tried lol...but yea thanks for trying to help....anyone else...

all you should need is the motor harness and the correct obd1 ecu. the motor harness whould plug right into your exsisting cabin harness and then plug the ecu in and it should fire right up. If you have any problems finding out wich ecu you may need or just to make sure you already have the right one go to hondata.com and there is a whole section that will tell you wich ecu for what motor.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that these cars using different wiring diagrams and you can't just plug a harness from one car into another then expect it to work?

I dunno, but it's probably the same reason that everyone seems to think a stock P28 will expertly control every Honda motor ever built...

all you should need is the motor harness and the correct obd1 ecu. the motor harness whould plug right into your exsisting cabin harness and then plug the ecu in and it should fire right up. If you have any problems finding out wich ecu you may need or just to make sure you already have the right one go to hondata.com and there is a whole section that will tell you wich ecu for what motor.
dude pm me ur number my boyz that work at noyan came n they said the same thing i got a bod1 ec with a jump pack to obd2 jsr wiring harness which plugs up fine but the leftside has three conecters that are pretty big off the obd1 wiring on the chassie and they dont plug up to anything....please pm me ur number so i can explain it to u bro...later

and lol A banco blanco what ever it is i have a haynes acura n honda civic manual and the gsr will fit fine with vtec wires and f injecters n everything why dont u pick that shyt up kid i have a bod2 motor and a obd1 car so when i said anyone else that means anyone els....stick with bemers bra

and lol A banco blanco what ever it is i have a haynes acura n honda civic manual and the gsr will fit fine with vtec wires and f injecters n everything why dont u pick that shyt up kid i have a bod2 motor and a obd1 car so when i said anyone else that means anyone els....stick with bemers bra
u shouldnt disespect blanco...at all

u will get flamed out like no tomorrow

dude pm me ur number my boyz that work at noyan came n they said the same thing i got a bod1 ec with a jump pack to obd2 jsr wiring harness which plugs up fine but the leftside has three conecters that are pretty big off the obd1 wiring on the chassie and they dont plug up to anything....please pm me ur number so i can explain it to u bro...later

Why do you need his phone number? You can't just explain in this thread or through a PM?

Scott, the obd2 gsr harness will work on an itr engine with the exception of the ecu being a p73, which I believe is obd2 itr. The only thing that may need to be modified, is map sensor harness, if I remember correctly, its not long enough to reach.

To the poster: Try checking the ECU fuse and also make sure your getting fuel/spark. Than try starting it with a jump box or cables.

Ive seen only a few people running obd1 cars, with obd2 engine/harness/ecu. My friend Bruce for example. He has a 2001 itr swap in his 95 civic hatch. Everything is obd2, and its running off of the obd2 itr ecu (p73). Runs great, no issues. I personally think, if your going to run a stock engine with no plans to modify it, than why not get the best reliability out of it by doing it 100% correct. Obd1 conversions are done 99% of the time these days, but I would prefer the obd2 changeover just to make it 100% genuine (it being a stock itr engine).

Who says it has to be a backwards conversion to OBDI? Why couldn't he convert forward to OBDII? I agree that things should be run correctly, which is why my OBDI Z6 is run with a P28 in an OBD0 chassis. I modified my stock harness, used an ECU jumper, and didn't have to "go through hell" to get it done.

The reason why everyone usually converts to OBDI is because of the greater tuning options. Chip a P28 with a stock ITR .bin and it's as good as the stock ITR ECU. :)

listen dude all im trying to say is that i basically bought a hatch with suspension straightpipe and some other shyt i love working on cars and p to w ratio is wat i go for the easyest best swap droped in a hatch is a type r dont get me wrong i wanted to do a k cuz my bro took his out of his type s n put a k24 hes tryin ta sell it buy im sittin right here wit my laptop ill take pics show u everythingg blanco u said u worked on hondas for years help a brother out n if anyone here wants ta get like 150 0r 200 bucks in like not even a hour i live in centreville....but flywheel clutch tranny is in the axles are in the clutch is blead the shift linkages is on...the rest of wires is all it is cuz i needit fixed asap so i can take it to the paint shop next week

listen dude all im trying to say is that i basically bought a hatch with suspension straightpipe and some other shyt i love working on cars and p to w ratio is wat i go for the easyest best swap droped in a hatch is a type r dont get me wrong i wanted to do a k cuz my bro took his out of his type s n put a k24 hes tryin ta sell it buy im sittin right here wit my laptop ill take pics show u everythingg blanco u said u worked on hondas for years help a brother out n if anyone here wants ta get like 150 0r 200 bucks in like not even a hour i live in centreville....but flywheel clutch tranny is in the axles are in the clutch is blead the shift linkages is on...the rest of wires is all it is cuz i needit fixed asap so i can take it to the paint shop next week

alright now i took off that piece of shyt gsr wiring harnesss and hooked back the stock wiring harness and a buddy of mine told me to just use the obd1 f injecters so i did that went fine all the other wires and connecters clicked in fine but the motor doesnt crank and turn over but i did take out the spark plugs clicked themonto the caps and only one of the cylinders has spark.....please anyone...

alright now i took off that piece of shyt gsr wiring harnesss and hooked back the stock wiring harness and a buddy of mine told me to just use the obd1 f injecters so i did that went fine all the other wires and connecters clicked in fine but the motor doesnt crank and turn over but i did take out the spark plugs clicked themonto the caps and only one of the cylinders has spark.....please anyone...

So you have an obd2 engine, running on an obd1 stock engine harness with obd1 injectors/clips? I am guessing your using an obd1 ecu? You need an obd1 distributor and a chipped p28 to run b-series. The best way is to use the .bin from a stock itr, but that will be hard since the .bin is for obd2, so I am guessing that a shop can chip a p28 for you, using the obd2 itr .bin as a reference. Do this, and it should run. If it doesn't... check the distributor and charging/starting system components.

So you have an obd2 engine, running on an obd1 stock engine harness with obd1 injectors/clips? I am guessing your using an obd1 ecu? You need an obd1 distributor and a chipped p28 to run b-series. The best way is to use the .bin from a stock itr, but that will be hard since the .bin is for obd2, so I am guessing that a shop can chip a p28 for you, using the obd2 itr .bin as a reference. Do this, and it should run. If it doesn't... check the distributor and charging/starting system components.

yea im using a p30 for the meantime which is a obd1...the distributer i heard can be pinned to obd1 i know u know wat im talkin bout lsvtec please see what u can do in explaining it to me...let me know asap if u guys need pics to anything let me know ill take it n show it to u...thanks....

Re-pinning isn't good. Ive seen so many people do this and encounter driveability issues later on. My advice is to do the distributor swap to match the obd of the vehicle/engine/ecu.

My goal at HS is to imprint the sentence "Do it right the first time" in everyones head. :) 1 down, 394949 to go.

...Or make love to the distributor in hopes of it working for you. :D I need sleep.... badly...

Back