OBD2 Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7thgen01

I have a 97 Civic DX and just purchased an OBD1 B16. I found the ecu pinout chart for the OBD1 but i cant find it for the OBD2 wiring harness. Can anyone tell me where to find this??? <_<

why is all of that needed? shouldnt the only problem be in the wiring? weve got an OBD1 complete swap(it is actually a customers car) and liek i said hes got a 98 civic. I thought the only thing extra I needed was a rear bracket and the wiring conversion. I know I can buy the conversion kit at lowcashracing.com. but werew just going to cut and splice. Can someone explain why i need the things listed above?? :blink:

i am assuming you're going to use an obd2 ecu? that's why you're using obd1-2 pins diagram?

no, were using obd1 ecu. check it out, OBD2 harness, cut the end off of that, ok, obd1 ecu, the plugs are in it, and we have about 8 inches of the wiring harness in tact, we're going to splice the two together..

OMG!!! Good Luck!!!!

Hope you haven't cut the harness yet!

Easyer to just get the jumper harness or converion harness.

what you're doing is called a "hack job", not wiring :D

obd2-1 clip is a lot easier and it's cheap now, you can get one for under 100. save yourself the trouble.

Back