OBD2b GSR into 95 SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I am putting an OBD2b GSR into a 95 hatch si. Let me know if I am missing anything. Here is what I am thinking:

I can drop the engine in, but I need to swap the distrbutor and alternator for ones that are OBD1. Of course I have to get mounts, axles etc.

Can I use the 95 SI harness? What do I need to wire. IAB, knock and what about vtec.

I shouldn't have to wire vtec, because it is the si harness and has vtec right?

Will the obd1 injectors work? since i am using the obd1 harness?

Anything else?

thanks

if the engine is USDM and you have the harness you can use that harness

if not then yes modifying your stock harness is your best bet
you can simply swap out the plugs on the distributor, the injectors, and the alternator... no need to go buy or switch to the OBD-1 parts

im not sure on wiring up the IAB... there should be something in the reference section though

and as for the knock sensor, what ECU will you be running this with

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2005, 01:48 PM
if the engine is USDM and you have the harness you can use that harness

if not then yes modifying your stock harness is your best bet
you can simply swap out the plugs on the distributor, the injectors, and the alternator... no need to go buy or switch to the OBD-1 parts

im not sure on wiring up the IAB... there should be something in the reference section though

and as for the knock sensor, what ECU will you be running this with
[post=513957]Quoted post[/post]​

I am running a p28 with a stock gsr hondata program.

The motor is usdm and I am going to use the stock 95 si harness. I already have the alternator and distributor for the obd1. Can I use the stock obd1 d series injectors?

Do you have the US GSR harness, if so, use that. It plugs in, and you'll only have to run the wires for the IAB and the knock from the canon plugs to teh ECU.

:werd:

the P28 doesnt look for a knock sensor... wiring it up = waste of time

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2005, 02:36 PM
:werd:

the P28 doesnt look for a knock sensor... wiring it up = waste of time
[post=513978]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, I do not have the gsr harness, only the 95 usdm si harness. So I do not need to wire anything except the IAB? The d series injectors will work?

Thanks guys

The P28 doesn't look for IAB, you have to get a GSR ecu to run IAB. Other wise, get a skunk2 manifold, bypassing the iab valve and have it open only cause you to run shitier.

D series injectors are the same, but you're going to have to tackle the distributor problem too.

Got it figured out thanks guys. I have done many swaps with no previous experience and just you guys help. Thanks a ton.

Next up H22 in ek hatch and K20 into eg and K24 vtec into integra.

Looking forward for the help.

KHai

damn dude... you've got a LOT of shit planned.

docuemnt those k-seires swaps for us... if theres anything we're lacking its k-series info

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 21 2005, 03:22 PM
damn dude... you've got a LOT of shit planned.

docuemnt those k-seires swaps for us... if theres anything we're lacking its k-series info
[post=514889]Quoted post[/post]​

make me a bonified honorary mod and I'll see what I can do. J/P. I will let you guys know how it goes and be expecting to help me some as well.

:lol:

Back