OBDI to OBDII O2 Sensor(s)??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

collectbeans

I have searched all through the forums with no luck, so some of you older members probably know this already, so here it goes.
I have an 88CX Si with a B16a swap, first gen with the dual O2 sensors in the header. My plan is to do the OBDII conversion, but my question is, the conversion goes from a 2 wire O2 to a 4 wire--but does it convert to only 1 sensor, or does it remain 2? I could not find anything in the posts that addresses this----and no one ever refers to them as sensorS--they say you go from a 2 to a 4 wire sensoR [singular]
I am hoping to get to only one sensor since that is what you can find in an aftermarket header, but if it remains with 2 sensors as it is now[except they would then have 4 wires], what are your thoughts on putting one in the bottom of the header, and one in the Cat? I can get an aftermarket Cat with a bung for it, but if the readings from there cause issues, I've solved nothing.
Thanks in advance,
collectbeans

I'm wondering why you are wanting to convert to OBD2, that doesn't make sense. If I were you I'd keep the car as is or switch to OBD1. Things will be simpler and easier to tune that way...

obd1 you only need 1 o2 sensor preferrably a 4 wire...either get the o2 sensor on the header or in the cat...if you put it in teh cat make sure you have a bolt or somethin to fill the bung on the header if there is one as most do have one there.

Back