OBDII B18C1 Distributor with OBDI Ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was told that when wiring a USDM B18C1 into a 94 Integra RS, all I would need is to swap the motor, add the additonal wiring (4) and run a obdI p72 ecu. Now, I'm being told that I will have to use a obdI distributor because of the crank angle sensor. After reveiwing posts for days and artricles, Im a bit lost so to speak. So Im not sure as to what method to take. Any info would be appreciated.

you can replug your OBD-1 harness to work on an OBD-2 engine
and still run the engine as OBD-1

i have this done on my car its actually pretty easy
swap the plugs for the injectors
swap the plugs for the distributor
use your OBD-1 alternator or swap the plugs

there was B18C1s in 94-95 that were OBD-1 do you know what year yours is?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 8 2003, 06:53 PM
you can replug your OBD-1 harness to work on an OBD-2 engine
and still run the engine as OBD-1

i have this done on my car its actually pretty easy
swap the plugs for the injectors
swap the plugs for the distributor
use your OBD-1 alternator or swap the plugs

there was B18C1s in 94-95 that were OBD-1 do you know what year yours is?

See thats what I dont understand...I have a 00 USDM OBDII B18c1 that I already swapped into my 94 OBDI Integra RS. NOW, the 00' came with the engine harness which plugged right into my shock tower harness's. The car runs...runs good. Im throwing codes..mainly because I havent wired it for vtec yet and possible because of the crank angle sensor(the whole problem Im having with the distributor issue...if there reall IS an issue). Where can I go from there? Kenji has told me that it doesnt matter if I use an obdI or obdII distributor and from what I've read about Kenji, he is honda/acura wiring god. But one of the local swap shops who also has a pretty good wiring guru(from what I've been told) says that I will have to get a 94-95 GSR OBDI distributor to run the motor correctly because of the crank angle sensor or else I'll throw a code and timing issues.

shit if you have the USDM harness im pretty sure you dont need to do anything but add the VTEC wires and wires for the secondaries

i am using the OBD-2 distributor in my OBD-1 (93) car... all i did was swap the plugs... im not getting any codes
have you pulled the codes yet???

so are you all set now???

Back