OBDII b18c1 into 94 coupe EX wiring..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicownzjuu

ok.. so i read the GSR swap into 95 ex coupe article that pissedoffsol posted in the articles section... BUT, that only helps if you get the harness with the OBDII motor...

what if.. i bought an OBDII b18c1 motor without the harness, but with the ECU... so this is what i would have..

B18c1 motor (OBDII)
D16z6 harness (OBD I)
GSR ECU (OBDII)
and everything else that is already in the EX (its wired for vtec n everything from the factory)..

So what do i need to make this work out... any help is appreciated!

use your obdI harness and then sell that ecu and get an obdI p72 or i would go with an obd1 p28 chippedworks much better but as for your harness use the obd1 harness unless you want to rewire your whole car.

ok... sweet... also, the only wire i need to add is the knock sensor, right? or do i have to do that whole "lengthen the wires" crap... but thanks man.. that really helped.. actually.. since my EX comes with a P28 in it already... how hard would it be to chip it?...

The easiest way is just to get a GSR engine harness, usoing the OBD I harness is going to to require cutting and relpacing some of the plugs, and lengthening some of the wires on the tranny side.

so.. will i use the OBDII ECU, OBDII harness? or OBDI ECU and OBDII harness...

which of these setups is right..

OBDII P72 ECU
OBDII b18c1 harness
or

OBDI P72 ECU
OBDII b18c1 harness
or

OBDI P28 chipped
OBDII b18c1 harness
or

OBDI P72
OBDI d16z6 harness with mods to plugs and wire length
or

OBDI chipped P28
OBDI d16z6 harness with mods to plugs and wire length
or

OBDI P72
OBDI b18c1 harness

If it was my car I would use the obd1 wiring from the d16z6, go uberdata and chip the p28, and get obd1 dizzy and fuel injectors.

:ditto: :concur:
that is the way i would go but you can't fight with 92b16vx he taught me everything i know

yeah buy an OBD II GSR wiring harness-

plug the fucker into your motor correctly- then read john's article about running the additional wires you need to run from the shock tower plugs to the ecu (Knock sensor and IAB's) then sell the OBD 2 P72 that you have and buy an OBD I P72

that is the easiest way

otherwise you could do what i did, and take the d16z6 harness, switch the injectors plugs, etc etc- But since you don't have an OBD II harness to use for the extra plugs and shit you'll need, I agree with John on this one

hah- I'm back John and better than ever

and I'm def. glad to see you're still around and doing well

i was frankly a little worried cause i hadn't heard from ya in so long

Back