OBX camshafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eroman

Has anyone ever used these succesfully?

I compared them to Stage 1 Skunk cams and they seem to have similar duration and lift on the intake and exhaust.

But their low price, and the fact that they're not talked about much makes me wonder.

A set goes for $355 dollars new.

I am always looking to save money but I don't want to buy pieces of shit.

I am seriously debating getting some, as they have the same specs as Skunk2 cams. Also I know that OBX does not have the facilities to build cams, so they are made by someone else. I would like to find out who. I wrote OBX an email asking them a ton of questions, and I still have not recieved a reply. I also know that skunk2 does not make their own cams either, so I am curious to find out if the same people who make Skunk2 cams make OBXs cams, and just give them a different finish. Does anyone know where Skunk2 cams are made? I know where Skunk2 valvesprings are made, but I would love to know more info on their cams, and I would love to find out more info on OBX cams as the price is right.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Oct 23 2004, 01:22 AM
Crap stuff. Stay away.
[post=406415]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you personally have a bad experience with them?

I have had a bad one but some guys on H-T baught there LSD and are loving them and im not sure but i think some one was puting down some 6 or 700hp on it.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 23 2004, 02:22 PM
So, what happened with your cam? Or was it just a bad experience with OBX in general?
[post=406564]Quoted post[/post]​

Generaly sorry i should have pointed that out. The part was a sleave coilover that was on my car when i baught it. I know i know the sleaves are cheap though but ya know what? Its hard to fuck a sleave coilover up, use quality metal and you should be ok but it split anyways.

Aren't the crowers 50- 100 more. Thats little enough money to make me go with a respected cam over some shit I don't know where it came from, it's probably a regrind.

But to be honest with you, it's probably worth the money to at least try it, even though I'm completely contradicting myself I think I might buy a set just to see what happens.

Almost all of the products OBX sells are just rebadged, and bought from the same manufactures as other companies.

If you look through their catalog you would be shocked at some of the things you see. Blitz filters, aeroquip fittings, the Greddy Turbo Kit (down to the blue box, which is in the pictures), etc.

I would not doubt that they are the exact skunk2 cams, with OBX badged on them.

These cams have been out for over three months now. There is a 7 page thread on Honda-Tech in the all motor section. When the Buddy club spec IIIs came out with in the first month someone had posted them breaking, however in 3 months I have yet to see a broke OBX cam. I am still waiting on purchasing these because I want to make sure they are decent quality, as I know of OBXs reputation. The price really cannot be beat on these cams. We already know what kind of power to expect from these cams too as they have the same specs as the skunk2 cams.

Back